Tell your pharmacist or doctor as soon as possible if you do not feel well while you are using Rhinocort Hayfever. All medicines can have side effects. Sometimes they are serious, most of the time they are not. You may need medical attention if you get some of the side effects. Do not be alarmed by the following lists of side effects. You may not experience any of them. Ask your pharmacist or doctor to answer any questions you may have. Tell your pharmacist or doctor if you notice any of the following and they worry you:
- sneezing after spraying or
- irritated nose
- nose bleeds
- nasal crust
- dry nose or mouth
- itching or sore throat
- increased amount of sputum
The above list includes the more common side effects of your medicine. They are usually mild and only last for a short time.
Tell your pharmacist or doctor immediately if you notice any of the following:
- swelling of the face, lips, mouth, tongue or throat which may cause difficulty in swallowing or breathing
- severe rash
- an ulcer (open wound) in your nose
- sign or symptoms of a nasal or sinus infection such as fever,
- pain or swelling, or discoloured nasal discharges.
These may be serious side effects. You may need urgent medical attention. Serious side effects are rare. Tell your doctor if you notice anything else that is making you feel unwell. Other side effects not listed above may also occur in some people.
Source date: 31st Jan 2010